[Box Backup] win32 client varients

Jammer boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 00:02:48 BST 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02:01, Gary wrote:
> Jammer,
>
> > Trying to run it from the bash shell as a daemon just results in it
> > exiting silently.
>
> If I understood correctly, you want to run the Cygwin port as a
> WinNT/XP service, so that bbackupd does not exit when you close the
> Cygwin console.

No I mean it exits immediately and returns me to the cygwin shell bash
prompt.

I get a message saying:
"No random device -- additional seeding of random number generator not
performed.

Box Backup Client v0.09, (c) Ben Summers 2003, 2004"

and then I'm dumped back to the bash prompt. No warning or errors are
reported. It just exits silently.

I've compiled the debug version and I get the same behaviour except
without the copyright attribution message. No debug messages to stderr
or stdout and no logs that I can see.

Since it's not telling me why it's failing I'm at a loss to know what to
check. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can start grubbing
around in the code but I'd like a pointer for where to look to start
with.

Jeremy