[Box Backup] win32 client varients

Gary boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 06:47:11 BST 2005

Jammer,

> Nope it's definitely failing. I've used both the cygwin ps and the
> Windows task manager. bbackupd is not running.
>
> Also running "cygrunsrv" bombs with:
>
> "cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error
>
> 1053: The server did not respond to a start or control request in a
> timely fashion."

Wierd, I experience completley no problems running bbackupd under
Cygwin. It will fork and exit, but a process will stay in memory.
However, I never see the /var/log/box file, only direct Event Log
entries. You will need to get bbackupd running fine before even trying
to use cygrunsrv. Also, use the SINGLEPROCESS switch to control the
process easily through Service Manager.

> Would someone please be so kind as to mail me a copy of a cygwin
> bbackupd.exe binary that they have working. Thanks

Sure, attached in a private e-mail.

Finally, have a look at your bbackupd.conf and make sure you are using
forward slashes "/" and not Windows-style "\".

Gary