[Box Backup] Boxwin Client activity

Gary boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 07:35:35 BST 2005

> One thing that impacts this as well, is the speed of the connection
> between the server and client. My client that is experiencing this
> repeated connect cycle, is on a 192kbps connection to my server.

Most definitely. In my case, it is almost always best to run a diff
even for 20 minutes (until it completes), since my (usual) laptop link
back to the server is very slow. On the other hand, if you run an
inter-office backup on a local LAN, it would pay to interrupt a diff,
and upload the whole thing in a couple of minutes.

> That's great!

I actually finished the complate-diff/keep-alive thing yesterday since
I had some free time, currently testing. I can publish out the sources
if anyone is interested?

Gary