[Box Backup] Available: a couple of EXPERIMENTAL BoxBackup patches.

Gary boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 15:27:24 BST 2005

Nick,

> Question to Gary: why do you serialise and deserialise the regex data
> doesn't simply reloading the config file re-load this?

Well, I'm trying to stick to the KISS principle there. The regex
information is either in bbackupd state object set, or in the config
object. Instead of making up convoluted code to save/restore a thing
here, a thing there, I serialize the whole bbackupd state object set,
and get done with it. In case of bbackupd.conf modification the state
set gets discarded, and it is back to config object, and re-caching
from store.

Gary