[Box Backup] problem to get bbstored to start (2/2) - RaidFile BadConfigFile

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 20:21:21 BST 2005

On 8/15/05 12:09 PM, Leo De Geer wrote:

>The raidfile.conig are working ok and eaven the bbstore-config are ok buth
>then i start to create users and are trying to start thebbstored i get the
>error (2/2) - RaidFile BadConfigFile. This is my raidconfig file
>
>disc0
>{
>        SetNumber = 0
>        BlockSize = 2048
>        Dir0 = /raid0.0
>        Dir1 = /raid0.1
>        Dir2 = /raid0.2
>}
>
>disc1
>{
>        SetNumber = 0
>        BlockSize = 2048
>        Dir0 = /raid1.0
>        Dir0 = /raid1.1
>        Dir0 = /raid1.2
>}
>
>And the system is FreeBSD 5.4 Stable

A couple of things:

The SetNumber should be 1, not 0. You now have two sets with the same
setnumber.

Also, you need to name the 'DirX' variables using increasing numbers, as
follows:

disc1
{
        SetNumber = 1
        BlockSize = 2048
        Dir0 = /raid1.0
        Dir1 = /raid1.1
        Dir2 = /raid1.2
}

HTH,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561