[Box Backup] Suggestion ...

Garry Glendown boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 18:17:57 BST 2005

Ben Summers wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2005, at 09:04, Garry Glendown wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> just a minor suggestion - how about extending the program help  syntax a
>> bit? Mainly of bbstoreaccounts! While e.g. bbstored-config is pretty
>> verbose, and bbackupctl lists the option, the one I use the least has
>> close to no information on the usage ... I know what I want to do, but
>> as I only need the command every other month, I always find myself
>> having to go back to the webpage to look up the usage for setlimit etc
>> ... ;) (maybe I'm just getting old ;))
>

> I'm not entirely clear what you're asking for. An explanatory message
> when the arguments are incorrect? Or something else?
´
backup:~ # bbstoreaccounts
Usage: bbstoreaccounts [-c config_file] action account_id [args]
Account ID is integer specified in hex

What I mean is that the help isn't really helpfull, escpecially compared
to the relatively long help text of other commands:

dustpuppy:~ # bbackupctl
Usage: bbackupctl [-q] [-c config_file] <command>
Commands are:
  sync -- start a syncronisation run now
  force-sync -- force the start of a syncronisation run, even if
SyncAllowScript says no
  reload -- reload daemon configuration
  terminate -- terminate daemon now
  wait-for-sync -- wait until the next sync starts, then exit

I recon just adding the sample lines for the commands like setlimit etc.
would be nice ... ;)

-garry