[Box Backup] FC4 X86_64 build

dave bamford boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 15:29:25 GMT 2005

--------------090306000505040602090504

--------------070901040307030700030508

Just compiled a client on a Fedora FC4 AMD64 box using gcc 4.0.0-8
did the 64 bit patch to BackupStoreFile.h but still got compile errors
with files that had this in them

#ifdef STRUCTURE_PATCKING_FOR_WIRE_USE_HEADERS
#include "BeginStructPackForWire.h"
#else
BEGIN_STRUCTURE_PACKING_FOR_WIRE
#endif

changed to this

#ifdef STRUCTURE_PATCKING_FOR_WIRE_USE_HEADERS
#include "BeginStructPackForWire.h"
#else
//BEGIN_STRUCTURE_PACKING_FOR_WIRE
#endif

and it compiled and the tests all passed.
But I got a 1/22 exception on the client

So I copied the binary bbackupd from a FC3 AMD64 machine which
had been compiled with gcc 3.4.2 and it is working fine, BTW the FC3
machine is the server.

Dave Bamford.

--------------070901040307030700030508

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
using gcc 4.0.0-8<br>
did the 64 bit patch to BackupStoreFile.h but still got compile errors<br>
with files that had this in them<br>
#ifdef STRUCTURE_PATCKING_FOR_WIRE_USE_HEADERS<br>
#include "BeginStructPackForWire.h"<br>
#else<br>
BEGIN_STRUCTURE_PACKING_FOR_WIRE<br>
#endif<br>
changed to this<br>
#ifdef STRUCTURE_PATCKING_FOR_WIRE_USE_HEADERS<br>
#include "BeginStructPackForWire.h"<br>
#else<br>
//BEGIN_STRUCTURE_PACKING_FOR_WIRE<br>
#endif<br>
and it compiled and the tests all passed.<br>
But I got a 1/22 exception on the client<br>
So I copied the binary bbackupd from a FC3 AMD64 machine which<br>
had been compiled with gcc 3.4.2 and it is working fine, BTW the FC3<br>
machine is the server.<br>
Dave Bamford.<br>

--------------070901040307030700030508--

--------------090306000505040602090504

begin:vcard
fn:David Bamford
n:Bamford;David
org:Logical Progress Ltd
adr:;;141 Western Road;Haywards Heath;w. Sussex;RH16 3LH;UK
email;internet:dave at logical-progress.com
title:Director
tel;work:+44-1444-457431
tel;fax:+44-1444-413423