[Box Backup] FC4 X86_64 build

Martin Ebourne boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 15:52:26 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 15:49 +0000, dave bamford wrote:
> OK
> But I looked at
> http://bbdev.fluffy.co.uk/svn/box/trunk/lib/backupclient/BackupStoreFile.h
> first and it doesn't have the patch for 64 bit.

I must be missing something, because I'm not aware of an outstanding 64
bit patch not in trunk. Box has been 64 bit clean from the 0.09 release
version, and only a few minor fixes have been needed since.

> Can you explain what I need to do to get the trunk on my machine, do I need
> to install svn first? Ben has given me a svn login so I can upload the OS2
> port I am working on, but I need to understand svn first.

Use your favourite package manager to install subversion, which is part
of Fedora Core. This should work out of the box:

 yum install subversion

Then use the command I gave before to check it out. You don't need the
password/account until you check in.

Cheers,

Martin.