[Box Backup] bug report: choking on big file

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 21:16:45 GMT 2005

On 12/23/05 10:59 AM, Gary wrote:
>> As far as I am aware, the current svn trunk is fully forwards
>> and
>> backwards compatible between client and server, and up and down
>> compatible at both ends with 0.09.
>>

> In that case it should be all right to run any svn trunk client against
> the 0.09-mod server, but, again, running 0.9-mod client against svn
> trunk server will not work (KeepAlive command not implemented).

Will KeepAlive be implemented in the trunk (now or later?), or is
another solution being worked on for the SSL timeouts?

One of my clients is running into the same problem: a 140M file over a
768/192 line on a relatively slow box never gets sync'ed. I'd install
the 0.09-mod server and clients (where needed), but if the new SVN
release will include this, and is not too far off, I'd like to avoid
upgrades in rapid succession.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561