[Box Backup] housekeeping needs restart

Andreas Schrafl boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Feb 18 02:14:00 GMT 2005

On my server (OpenBSD 3.4 BoxBackup 0.09) the housekeeping process does
not remove data until it is under the soft limit.
I have a soft limit of 80% and I make sync each day. In the logs I see
that since more than 2 week there was more than 80% on the server but it
does not delete anything. Now somewhen in a while housekeeping frees
some space but not so that it gets below these 80%
To accive that I have to restart the server process and then
housekeeping kicks in an removes data until it is below 80%.

This is not the first time this has happend but I think it only was with
version 0.09 but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks for any help
andy