[Box Backup] Bugs on Win32

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 19:21:25 GMT 2005

On 2/24/05 7:52 AM, Nick Knight wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Just to let you know - as I am only able to develop Box part time - I
>needed a way to track the bugs - mainly on the win32 version. If you
>want to report bugs at http://boxbugs.omniis.com hopefully I won't
>forget about them!
>
>Second thing, was any work done on the server side to analyze/report on
>active clients and whether they where successful in the backups? - I am
>looking for something which will produce a simple report....

I have a couple of different tools that do this. One is the logwatch
scripts that I sent to the list a few weeks ago.

I have also written a (still somewhat rough) Perl module, and script
that check the file system on the server for the most recent file
written, for each account. It has options to email the results, as well
as only checking for certain accounts.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I can send the stuff to you.

I'd like to publish this to the community (under whichever license is
most appropriate ;-)   ), when it's a little more polished. When I have
the time, I will get to that. Especially the installation process needs
work (it's largely manual)...

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561