[Box Backup] Announcement of Boxi 0.0.2

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 22:08:48 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I would like to announce the release of Boxi 0.0.2, a graphical user
interface (GUI) for configuring Box Backup clients.

It is now possible to modify and save all configuration parameters (that I
know of), including backup locations. In other words, this code might
actually be useful now. It is also possible to save the configuration, by
choosing Save from the File menu. This feature should be treated with
extreme caution. Please back up your configuration first!

The code and the user interface are at a very early stage, so please do
comment on and criticise them. My desire to reduce code complexity through
macros may have gotten the better of me in some places, so I apologise if
this version's code is less readable than the last.

Please also let me know if you don't want to receive further announcements
via the Box Backup list, in which case I will create a dedicated mailing
list for the purpose.

Does anyone have any objections to my moving the development to
SourceForge, to ease collaboration with mailing lists, bug trackers,
shared CVS, etc? If not then I will do so when I have time.

Apologies for the missing configure file in the last release. I have
written a release script (for myself) which should ensure that it is
always created in future.