[Box Backup] bbstored/bbackupd communication ports

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 22:16:11 GMT 2005

Hi Robert,

Could you check that you can telnet to localhost port 2201 on the client?
If not, then it's something wrong with your port forwarding. I assumed
that the machine you were connecting to by ssh was the same machine
running bbstored; if not, you will need to change the ssh command line
accordingly (change the second "server" to the IP address of the bbstored
server).

If you can telnet to port 2201 on the client, then the problem is probably
something in your boxbackup configuration. Did you properly configure the
client so that it thinks the server name is "localhost"?

Do you see anything in the server's logs when the client connects? How
about when you telnet to localhost port 2201 on the client?

Can you connect from client to server when they are on the same network?