[Box Backup] Was: Box Backup - corrupted store

Simon Rerucha boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 22:56:53 BST 2005

> So you're creating a new account, uploading data, and then trying to
> restore from it? And this goes wrong consistently?

> What platform are you using? (server and client) Is there anything
> unusual about the files you're backing up?
>
> Ben

I tried fo recreate account few times, but the problem occured again after
the client had newly uploaded data on the server.

About the files -- most of "problematic" accounts and locations contain
files with non-ascii characters in name. Maybe that's the problem ...

Next, I'm not really sure that the backup clients are shut-down clean way
everytime -- I'm not the ruler of all of them. Can this be the problem ?

BTW, is sth like ''kill $bbstored-pid'' the clean way to kill the server ?

I have been using NetBSD on server, clients run linux (various versions of
SuSE). Now, after few nights filled with nightmares I've moved the server
onto linux and it seems that the problem was solved -- to be correct, it
haven't happened till now ... but because I've got about 100Gigs of
backups, the proper testing will take some time ...

Thanks for help.
Simon

--
|                  | Law of complaints:    |