[Box Backup] 64-bit and darwin port

Dennis Speekenbrink boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 13:51:33 BST 2005

Noah yan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When I look at some code in version 0.09, I noticed that some data
>structure are not 64-bit compatible. Also, I compiled (gcc 3.3) it
>without any problem in a G5 darwin (7.9.0) machine with both ppc64 and
>ppc, but I have "Abort Trap" error when I run bbstored and
>bbstoreaccount on the two compiliation when installing server.
>
>So what is the porting status of bbackup to ppc64, and its 64-bit
>support. I also noticed that somebody is working on this for the IBM
>power contest.
>
>Thanks very much
>Noah Yan

Hi,

I'd also like to know wether boxbackup will work in a 64bit environment.
I'm about to order a new server to replace my current server.  It is
looking to be an 64bit Opteron machine, which will run Gentoo Linux in
64bit mode.
Currently boxbackup is running fine on Gentoo Linux on a 32 bit Athlon
XP.  Will I need a 32bit environment for boxbackup on the new server?

Thanks for any tips/advice,

Dennis