[Box Backup] embedded

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 09:35:41 BST 2005

On 3 Jun 2005, at 19:00, dm wrote:

> That did the trick..  I can compile now(egads, its going to take a
> while to compile natively), but it still isn't detecting curses/
> ncurses, readline, or db.
>
> I had to modify infrastructure/makebuildenv.pl
> change Line 141 from:
> open H_FILES,"find /usr/include |" or die "Can't open find";
> open H_FILES,"find /opt/include |" or die "Can't open find";
>
> How much of an effect would running without db actually have anyway?

Not much. You'll get higher memory use, and when you restart the
daemon you'll lose the renamed files and directories tracking
information, which will result in unnecessary bandwidth and server
disc space use if you move files before it's completed the first scan.

>   When I go to attempt cross compiling and packaging this, fewer
> dependencies would probably be better if the performance isn't
> affected too much.
>
> Heres the installed packages I have installed probably related to
> the errors.  When I get some time, I'll dig in a little more to see
> if I can figure out what is actually going on with this one.
> ncurses - 5.4-3 - NCurses libraries
> readline - 5.0-2 - The GNU Readline library

You certainly don't need readline (and the implied curses).

> libdb - 4.2.52-3 - Berkeley DB Libraries  (is this the same as db?)

v4 is a later version. Box Backup uses earlier versions which tend to
be installed on most systems.