[Box Backup] Boxbackup account notes

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 21:27:00 BST 2005

On 6/9/05 1:15 PM, Mikael Syska wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Running Box Backup on a openbsd system, with both windows and other
> free/open bsd clients...
> Can I write notes in the account.txt file??? so its possible to
> remember who got what account number? and in what format if.....
>
> If it aint possible yet, will it be a feature in a future release?

I haven't looked at the code to see if the account.txt parser will
ignore comments. I don't think so, though.

A proposed requirement for a future release of Box includes arbitrary
names (symbolic names) for accounts, while keeping account numbers as well.

Check this message in the BoxBackup mailing list archive for a
description of what I had in mind: http://tinyurl.com/ceack

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561