[Box Backup] Re. Bandwidth Limiting.

Scott McNee boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 09:37:15 BST 2005

Thanks Nick I have had experience with wondershaper + =
smoothwall(IPTables
for Packet tagging) + VOIP but I was after a smaller solution. I have =
found
something call trickle. I will test that out and get back to you. Added
benefits are that it runs in userspace. With all of the new kernel level
security implementations it seems easier to keep everything simple. =
SELinux
and GRSEC rulesets can get awfully complex. I can sense a whole new
sub-security position begin created in organizations where you will need =
whole new level of detailed knowledge about everything. (I hope I don't =
get
that job)

Thanks,

Scott McNee