[Box Backup] Box Backup - corrupted store

Simon Rerucha boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 00:49:16 BST 2005

>> versions).  Server is run with userland RAID disabled.

>> interupted few times. So I've equipped it with UPS, I have done
>> filesystem

>> when I want to restore some backup loations, bbackupquery

>> try againg, it terminates at same point.

>>> It sounds like a backup store file has been corrupted. The server
>>> can't
>>>
>> tell this because the file is encrypted.
>>

>>> We need to work out which file it is, then delete it, fix the
>>> store, and
>>>
>> try again. Can you run bbackupquery as before, but log to a file? (-l
>> <file> switch). Then send me the last few lines, and I should be
>> able to
>> tell you the file to delete.
>>

>> Here is it ...
>>
>> ...skipped ...
>> Receive Success(0x9d3)
>> Receiving stream, size 58038
>
> OK, so the last file is 0x9d3, and after than the client terminates
> (the first ID in the GetFile request is the directory ID, the second
> the file ID). Therefore it must be this file which is corrupted somehow.
>
> To find the corresponding file on the server, write down the ID in
> hex and split it into groups of two characters starting from the
> right hand side. Add a leading zero if necessary. So for example, if
> the ID was ab12345ef, write
>
>    0a b1 23 45 ef
>
> Ignore the right-most pair for now, and write down the others in
> reverse order separated by /'s. This gives you the directory it's in.
> Then for the final leafname, append 'o' and the right-most pair. So
> we get
>
>    45/23/b1/0a/oef
>
> for our example ID.
>
> See lib/backupstore/StoreStructure.cpp for the algorithm. It's done
> this way to avoid creating directories with thousands of entries and
> massive directory trees where most directories only have one or two
> entries. The "obvious" methods all are rather inefficient.
>
> The file you're interested in is ID 0x9d3, so you want to try
> deleting (or moving away)
>
>    09/od3
>
> and running bbackupstore check <X> fix to correct the problems this
> will cause on the server. And then post again to say what happened.
>
> Ben

Hi,
I have done this, it helped, but this error is occuring again and again :(

I have configured separated machine to download the backups of all clients
from the server ... might it be the cause of the problems ? Even if I try
to  recreate the account, I've got same error again ... What am I doing
wrong ?

Thanks a lot ...
Simon

--
|                  | Law of complaints:    |