[Box Backup] Client blocked by stale lockfile?

Nick Knight boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 13:03:21 GMT 2005

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the same issue which I read about but when I tried
to merge Berkeley DB into the Win version and read that there are known
issues in version 1 which cause corruption and data loss - plus they
don't actually support it any more - so it won't be fixed.

I initially wrote code to use the later version of Berkeley into box -
which worked but then I had problems so left it out in favour of the
memory implementation, if the latest version would fix it you should
have the code for it Ben in one of the versions I sent you.

On another note, an issue came up a while ago which pointed out an issue
with box, in that the maximum file size after a full store is the
difference between the soft and the hard limit, is this correct
understanding?=20

Nick