[Box Backup] bbackupd silently dies on FreeBSD

Doug Poland boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 04:00:11 GMT 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:32:19PM -0600, Doug Poland wrote:

> However, on the client, bbackupd dies and I don't know why.  I'm using
> the startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/bbackupd.sh start

I now see something in /var/log/messages:

Mar  2 21:47:50 ammon bbackupd[1365]: exception Common OSFileOpenError (Can't open a file -- attempted to load a non-existant config file or bad file referenced within?) (1/2) -- terminating

I checked out troubleshooting Common (1/2).  I have explicitly launched
the bbackupd from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/bbackupd.sh start and tried it
manually from the command line.

I tried it several times but to no avail.  Then, suddenly, the client
started.  Hmmm....

--
Regards,
Doug