[Box Backup] mac os x installation

umaxx boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 22:32:48 GMT 2005

Hi!

I have successfully installed boxbackup-server and clients on Openbsd.
It works great without problems. Anybody working on a port for this?
Maybe I could create one if i have time?.
Now I want to install the client on Mac OS X (10.3) and getting in
trouble. First I installed gcc2 and gcc3 from x-code packages.
Then I set a symlink in /usr/bin:

# ln -s gcc3 gcc
and
# ln -s g++3 g++

But the configure script dies on do_test() for g++...
I've tried this with gcc2 and g++2 too.

What can I do to get boxbackup working on my Mac clients?
Any hints, ideas, howtos?

Sorry if this question is answered some time ago,
there is no search function for this mailinglist-archive...

greets

umaxx