[Box Backup] Announcement of Boxi 0.0.5
boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 00:40:16 GMT 2005
I would like to announce the release of Boxi 0.0.5, a graphical user
interface (GUI) for configuring Box Backup clients.
Many thanks to Richard Eigenmann for his suggestions, many of which are
incorporated into this version, and most of the remainder are now on my
Changes in this version:
* Separated configuration settings into Basic and Advanced, to be less
intimidating for new users and to fit more easily into the available
* Allow navigating into directories by double-clicking files in the server
file list (similar to Windows Explorer behaviour).
* Allow sorting the file list by filename, size or date, in forward or
reverse order. Replaced the ``Flags'' column by ``Last Modified'' date,
which is more useful.
* Redraw the GUI during directory restore operations, showing progress in
the status bar (current file and number of files restored).
* Changed most error message dialogs to have more politically-correct
titles (Boxi Error and Boxi Message).
* Added the ``-c'' command-line option, which is ignored, and renamed
README.txt back to README, to stop Make from complaining.
As before, you can download the latest version at
[http://www.qwirx.com/boxi]. I am considering moving the project to
SourceForget, as suggested by Ben Summers.
Thank you for your support.
_ ___ __ _
/ __/ / ,__(_)_ | Chris Wilson <0000 at qwirx.com> - Cambs UK |
/ (_/ ,\/ _/ /_ \ | Security/C/C++/Java/Perl/SQL/HTML Developer |
\ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU-free your mind-and your software |
More information about the Boxbackup