[Box Backup] Box Backup install on Solaris 10 (SPARC) - compiler broken

Nicole Sherburne boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon May 23 16:32:11 BST 2005

Ouch. . . Ben, thanks.

The compiler is not working. That little test program
compiles fine on my FreeBSD box but not the Solaris
box. I actually had problems compiling two of the
prerequisites and just downloaded the packages instead
to get on with the good stuff, now I wish I'd taken
the time to figure out that the compiler was broken.
Thanks!

Nicole

--- boxbackup-request at fluffy.co.uk wrote:

The first check for a compiler tries to compile this
program:

#include <string>
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	std::string str;
	str = "Test";
	str += "_test";
}

Could you try compiling it with your installation of
g++ and then
running it if it works? Then report what you see, and
we'll go from
there.

Thanks,

Ben