[Box Backup] Solaris 10 install of Box Backup

Mr R G Shepherd boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu May 26 19:14:58 BST 2005

Nicole Sherburne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Still working on getting Box Backup onto this Solaris
> 10 system . . .

I expect your library path or link path doesn't point to where readline is...

Where are you're binary packages off gcc/readline from?

You may find getting packages from blastwave.org simplifies your
build procedure.

get the pkg-get script from blastwave.org and configure which mirror you will
use to download the packages. test out pkg-get by trying a small package

pkg-get -i zsh

then.......

If you follow my instructions from

http://lists.warhead.org.uk/pipermail/boxbackup/2005-February/001128.html

and also

pkg-get -i gcc3

to get gcc3 from blastwave also - it will end up in /opt/csw/gcc3/[...]

the install scripts will run mkheaders for you, then it should work fine.

I have a solaris 10 machine here - let me try.........

OK then on a clean solaris 10 system follow these steps
[taken from my bash history]

18  cd /tmp
19  /usr/sfw/bin/wget
http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/boxbackup/boxbackup-0.09.tgz
20  gunzip -c boxbackup-0.09.tgz | tar -xf -
..
..
..
24  /usr/sfw/bin/wget
http://www.fluffy.co.uk/boxbackup/bin/boxbackup-0.09-solaris.patch
25  gpatch -p0 < boxbackup-0.09-solaris.patch
..
..
..
..
30  pkg-get install gcc3 openssl gmake readline
..
..
..
34  /opt/csw/gcc3/bin/gcc
35  export PATH=/usr/ccs/bin:/opt/csw/gcc3/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
36  echo $PATH
37  export MAKE=gmake
38  cd boxbackup-0.09
39  ./configure openssl:/opt/csw link:-lsocket link:-lnsl
40  gmake

That works for me

good luck

Rob