[Box Backup] How many multi session can Boxbackup handle at same time, on Intel P4 2Ghz and 1Gb ram, approximate?

Mikael Syska boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 23:37:13 GMT 2005

Per Reedtz Thomsen wrote:

>>Micael Roxenhall wrote:
>>

>>>Can I  set limit on how many session my server can handle at same time?
>>>if so, let me say, I set limit to 10 session, and there are 20
>>>connection on server at same time, and Boxbackup answer to the 10 first
>>>session, how backup deal with the another 10 session? Can Boxbackup
>>>"delay" this connection to any session gets free?
>>>
>>Probebly easiest to do this on the firewall and limit 10 connections to
>>port 2220....
>>

>I think you meant port 2201.

yes, got it confused with some other port in my system.

>And, this will only work, of course if there is a firewall between the
>client and the server.

And must unix/linux like system, you can use some kind of filtering (
pf, ipf, ipfw, iptables ) and god knows whats out there to limit the
number of connections..... just pass everything but make filtering on
port 2201 dest.

>But the question about how much a server can handle is bound by the
>bandwidth and disk speed, not by processor speed, unless you're talking
>about a really slow machine (by today's standards).
>

>>>Are there any limits to how many account you can make on Boxbackup?
>>>

>>Well there are, as I remember 0x0000 so thould would make
>>65536(including 0x0000) acounts
>>

>Actually it's a 32-bit number, so you have 4294967296 possible accounts.

Well, with the manage interface right now, i dout any one will be even
near the 65k acounts.

Ben, or anyone else, what are the biggest implementation of boxbackup?