[Box Backup] ./runtest.pl common debug fails

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 10:26:46 GMT 2005

On 16 Nov 2005, at 10:15, Urs Rau wrote:

> I am trying to do a test of the boxbackup software and when I do a
>
> "runtest.pl ALL" it reports:
>
> WARNING: This test was run as root. Some tests have been omitted.
> PASSED
> --------
> common: FAILED: 1 tests failed
> crypto: PASSED
> compress: PASSED
> basicserver: PASSED
> raidfile: PASSED
> backupstore: PASSED
> backupstorefix: PASSED
> backupstorepatch: PASSED
> backupdiff: PASSED
> bbackupd: PASSED
>

> and if I do a runtest.pl common debug - in order to find out where the
> problem is, it reports the following:
>
> it looks to me, a little bit, as if the tests config files are
> bungled?

It's testing that invalid config files are detected properly.

> common: FAILED: 1 tests failed
>
> Is this expected? Where should I start looking?

This line

 > FAILURE: Condition [block != b2] failed at testcommon.cpp(181)

tells you what happened. In fact, this is harmless, it's a check to
see that realloc reallocated a block, which on your platform it
didn't. The test hopes the block was reallocated so it can check the
debug leak checking is working.

You omitted to tell us anything about your platform, which is not
particularly helpful when asking about bugs in cross-platform
software. However, from your test results it looks like you're good
to go on whatever OS you're using.