[Box Backup] ExcludeFilesRegex on Windows

Waldemar Augustyn boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 02:37:33 GMT 2005

Robert B wrote:

>Does ExcludeFilesRegex allow backslashes on Windows?  I.e., do I need a backslash to exclude only files?  E.g.,
>
>ExcludeFilesRegex = .*\foo.bar
>
>or is this sufficient?:
>
>ExcludeFilesRegex = .*foo.bar

My guess is neither one is.  But that's just my speculation, I do not
know the internals.  I would think you need a $ at the end to be more
confident about what it does.  Unfortunately, BoxBackup docs have the $
escaped with a '\' in one place and non-escaped in another.  So which
one is right?   That's my question.  There seems to be no easy way to
tell.   I tested my RE strings with a Python interactive which
supposedly adopts the platform's idea how to process REs.   This may
have no relation to boxbackup's interpretation of REs, though.