[Box Backup] Code in SVN -- review notes

Martin Ebourne boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Nov 30 23:46:55 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 20:14 +0000, Ben Summers wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2005, at 18:24, Martin Ebourne wrote:
> > After the initial flurry of activity everything seems to have gone
> > quiet again!
>
> Sorry.

I'm sure it's nobody's fault. I was just trying to keep some activity
going.

> > It'd be nice to get at least a beta out before xmas. Not sure what
> > the next steps are. Can we go and merge chromi's & my changes onto
> > trunk and make it work? I don't think it matters much which order
> > they are merged in, and I'm happy to do the merging if others like.
>
> That would be very useful, thanks.

Cool. I'll merge in my smaller changes (everything except autoconf).
Then if Jonathan has time to update his either he or I can merge them.
Then I'll merge the autoconf stuff. Although I don't think it really
matters if autoconf is merged before diffopt, if I remember right there
was only one or two minor conflicts.

> It is the Win32 stuff which bothers me, and needs a quite a bit of
> time to test out properly. I think we've merged it into a 0.09
> release now, though?

If we get everything else merged and tested then there's only the win32
stuff left. That should make it less scary for starters. Hopefully with
autoconf some of that will be rather easier anyway, and I can work with
Nick to get it all merged. I don't have any windows machines though, so
I'd need his input for sure.

Cheers,

Martin.