[Box Backup] SVN repository up and running

Martin Ebourne boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 12:03:14 BST 2005

Ben Summers <ben at fluffy.co.uk> wrote:
> SVN experts: Could someone post some working guidelines to the list,
> including all the weird and wacky SVN commands we'd need to run? (I'm
>  especially interested in how to review changes then merge them into
> truck.)

Just for starters.

Here's a simple tutorial. The local repository stuff isn't relevant but
the rest is. It doesn't cover branching (or rather it does because
branching is exactly the same as tagging in svn, but it doesn't tell
you that nor explain why).

   http://artis.imag.fr/Membres/Xavier.Decoret/resources/svn/

Here is the official SVN user guide book. Contains everything you need
to know. Worth skimming through or dipping in, unless you've got time
to read the whole thing of course!

   http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

That site is not responding for me at the moment, which is surely a
temporary problem, always worked before. Here's a mirror I've found:

   http://support.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/manuals/subversion/index.html

FAQ:

   http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html

SVN home page:

   http://subversion.tigris.org/

I'll come up with something a bit more box specific soon.

Cheers,

Martin.