[Box Backup] Diff Optimisations now in SVN

Jonathan Morton boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sat Oct 15 13:31:53 BST 2005

As of revision 17, a working version of my diff algorithm optimisations
is in the tree (at chromi/diffopt).  It passes all tests on my G5
(powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu), except for raidfile, which seems to be
completely broken on Linux/PPC anyway, and is unrelated to my changes.

Note that a side-effect of my using KATE is that there are a lot of
deltas referring to blank lines, where KATE has deleted trailing
whitespace characters from the entire file being edited.  I'm not sure
what to do about that, aside from trying to work out the right GNU
indent parameters and hoping nothing else breaks.  Perhaps someone had
better go through all the other trees and delete trailing whitespace
from them too.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi at chromatix.demon.co.uk
website:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/