[Box Backup] failed tests from "make test" in obsd 3.8-current

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 16:51:12 GMT 2005

On 31 Oct 2005, at 16:45, <dick at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> heya,
>
> i'm compiling boxbackup-0.09 and i have no problems
> configuring and making, but when i run the "make test" i
> notice that it fails a number of these tests. i'm running
> openbsd 3.8-current on a machine that will soon run
> 3.8-release and has a hardware RAID 1 array (2x200GB). here is
> the output of the failed tests:
>
> common: PASSED
> crypto: PASSED
> compress: PASSED
> basicserver: PASSED
> raidfile: PASSED
> backupstore: FAILED: 2 tests failed
> backupstorefix: FAILED: 2 tests failed
> backupstorepatch: FAILED: 2 tests failed
> backupdiff: PASSED
> bbackupd: FAILED: 2 tests failed
>
> i've attached the full output of the "make test", in case that
> holds additional useful information. i can send along a dmesg
> if that would help.

Looks like a timing issue. (The tests are a fine balance between
running in a sensible time and reliably passing. Remember they're
testing a separate daemon which does things in it's own sweet time.)
Because of this, backupstore left the server running, which stopped
future daemon based tests working.

Basically, it's fine. Not an ideal answer, I know. The test suite
does need revisiting at some point.