[Box Backup] Boxi and boxbackup question.

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 09:37:40 BST 2005

Hi Kai,

> Hrmm I also have the windows version of boxbackup installed and that works
> fine when run from the command line. I haven't tried manually running the
> version supplied with Boxi, will try that tonight.

Will look into this problem more this evening.

> Mkay.. I'm still using 0.0.7 because that's the only compiled binary I could
> find for windows.

Yes, it is the only one right now. Like you, I do very little Windows
development, the windows (cygwin) version of Boxi is much less tested than
the Linux version, older, and has more rough edges.

> The keys are right because if I use the windows version of boxbackup command
> line (not the one that comes with boxi) then the restore/backup process
> works perfectly. Personally I would use the command line version but I'm
> trying to get a system set up for some friends who are windows only people
> and wouldn't know what to do without a GUI. :)

Please could you try with the command-line version that comes with Boxi.
I'm afraid Boxi is still very experimental and somewhat unstable. It's
more of a developers test release than something I would give to an end
user right now.

> Speaking of the GUI.. every time I start it up I get the error
>
> "Couldn't ass an image to the image list". I suspect I'm probably having so
> many problems because I'm using an older version.

One of those rough edges :-) I think this is fixed in CVS, but a number of
other things are broken right now so it's in no fit state for release.