[Box Backup] How to change from lazy to snapshot mode?

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 18 16:18:04 BST 2006

On 4/18/06 6:17 AM, Tobias Balle-Petersen wrote:
> Hi...
>
> How do I change from lazy to snapshot mode? Do I need to create a new
> config file using bbackupd-config or can I change my current .conf? If
> I need to create a new .conf, would I have to sign new certs etc. too?
You need to edit the bbackupd.conf file. Set the following parameters:

AutomaticBackup = no
UpdateStoreInterval = 0
MinimumFileAge = 0
MaxUploadWait = 0

Also, you need to then use bbackupctl to start a sync. On Unix, setting
up a cron-job is the way to do this. I assume that using 'Scheduled
Tasks' on Windows will work there (haven't tried it).

No changes to the certs are needed. Your account information doesn't change.

HTH,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561