[Box Backup] More about security

Magnus Homann boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 19:21:17 BST 2006

More certifcates questions, I want to understand how the security works.

As I understand it, the client and server has one certificate each.  But
there's also the root certificate.

Which of these certificates are important to keep secret?

Which of these certficates can be regenerated without data loss of my
backup (if any of the certs are deleted by mistake), and which files do
I need to never lose?

What is the difference between serverCA.pem and clientCA.pem?

Nice if anyone could explain thsi, or send me a ref.

Thanks,
Magnus