[Box Backup] Connection Failures, Hostname Related?

Mike Bydalek boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Apr 24 18:10:10 BST 2006

Mike Bydalek wrote:
> Stefan Norlin wrote:
>
>>> So the million dollar question is: Where is it getting that value from,
>>> and how do I change it?
>>>
>> Well, do I get anything for the question whether you restart bbackupd
>> after changing bbackupd.conf?

Okay, the problem is because I goofed.  On the backup server, I have a
/backup mount with the permissions 700.  Well, I implemented a new
backup solution for a different client, and inadvertently changed the
ownership from the bbstored user to a different user.  Therefore, box
backup couldn't read anything in the /backup directory, including the
certs, hence the error.

I discovered this while trying to setup a new client for my laptop.  It
wouldn't create the account, so I knew something was wrong.  So I fixed
the permissions and all is well now.

Sorry for noise!

-Mike