[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Paul Nash boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 12:18:30 BST 2006

I'm planning to move Box Backup into production, and it looks very good.
However, I keep getting "compare" and "get" errors with large files (things
like ISO images).

As far as I can see, file sizes are kept as 64-bit values throughout.
However, on my Windows box (mingw), the upload stats are obviously either
truncated to 32 bits somewhere, or one of the big files (about 4 GB, a DVD
image) is being switched into 32-bit signed.

I'm using release/0.10 from the SVN repository.  Server is AMD
something-or-other running FreeBSD 6.0; clients are Intel
something-fairly-new with FreeBSD 6.0, Mac PPC G4 OSX 10.4.6, and Windows
pIII XP/SP2.

I also get problems with big files on MacOS, and am going to test FreeBSD
Real Soon Now.

Before I go into serious debugging mode, any ideas?  Has this been fixed
already?

	paul