[Box Backup] reset protocol stream?

Paul Nash boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 13:46:46 BST 2006

Along with my large file backup issues (looks like a 32-bit signed overflow
somewhere), I have a problem with bbackupquery and comparing.  First error
that it hits (maybe cannot open local file) throws the protocol stream into
disarry, so that every file after that throws a 7/42 error as the stream is
out of sync.  Any ideas about quick and easy ways to reset the protocol
stream?

I'm thinking of closing and re-opening the socket connection as one option,
which is a bit brute-force-ish, but will probably work.  Otherwise try to
throw away buffers and their contents and hope that it'll all work out.

Ideas about what to do, and where to do it?

	paul