[Box Backup] problems with large files?

Paul Nash boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 17:02:47 BST 2006

> Since NTFS will carry files over 2GB, any ideas on how to fix this once
>and for
>all under Windows?

Use g++ -E to see just what version of "sys/stat.h" is used by the
compiler, what is uses for "struct stat.st_size" (off_t or _off_t), and
what *that* is.  If it's from "/usr/i686-pc-mingw/include", and "off_t" is
int32, you have a problem.

*EITHER* change all the sources to use "struct _stati64", *OR* change
"sys/stat.h" to use "uint64_t" (that's what I did).  It'll break the
mingw.dll stat() call, though.

Seems to work on my machine.  It gets the correct filesize, uploads the
correct amount of data, but verification failed.  I still have to see
exactly why, which isn't going to happen this month, and most likely won't
happen next.

Sigh.  I *hate* windows.

	paul