[Box Backup] Turn on tracing?

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 21:15:23 BST 2006

On 4/26/06 11:52 AM, Magnus Homann wrote:
> Per Thomsen wrote:
>> On 4/26/06 11:21 AM, Magnus Homann wrote:
>>> How do I turn on tracing, so that TRACE1() shows something on my
>>> screen. I'm working with bbackupquery right now.
>> To get TRACE statements in, you have to compile a debug version. To do
>> that, go to the bin/bbackupquery directory and type 'make'. That will
>> build a debug version of bbackupquery. Same process for all executables.
>
> Thanks! But it doesnt appear to print TRACE statements in the
> libraries, specifically the lib_compress?
>
> I'm trying to read the zlib error codes from Compress.h
I know this is obvious, but are you sure that the conditions that
trigger the TRACE macros are there? If you can try to insert another
TRACE call in the body (outside any if-statements) of the Output
function (and then rebuild bbackupquery), you should be able to ensure
that the TRACE macros are indeed working. Oh, and don't forget to
install the new bbackupquery in /usr/local/bin or wherever... That's
bitten me once or twice.

Alternatively, you can look at the link line for bbackupquery. It should
look something like this:

g++   -o ../../debug/bin/bbackupquery/bbackupquery
../../debug/bin/bbackupquery/autogen_Documentation.o
../../debug/bin/bbackupquery/bbackupquery.o
../../debug/bin/bbackupquery/BackupQueries.o
../../debug/lib/backupclient/backupclient.a
../../debug/lib/server/server.a ../../debug/lib/crypto/crypto.a
../../debug/lib/compress/compress.a ../../debug/lib/common/common.a
-lcrypto -lssl -ldb -lz

Note the ../../debug/lib/compress/compress.a... That should give you the
debug library.

HTH,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561