[Box Backup] Exclude everything except one filetype?

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 15:07:33 BST 2006

Hi Garry,

> I'm trying to backup a directory tree, but only a certain filetype
> (extension) is supposed to be stored - I tried like this:
>
>     nsf
> 	{
> 		Path = c:\lotus\domino\data
> 		AlwaysIncludeFilesRegex = *.(nsf|NSF)$
> 		ExcludeDir = c:\lotus\domino\data
> 	}
>
> Problem is, it still stores all the files, even the ones that don't end
> with .nsf ... what am I missing?
>
> (This is on Linux server 0.09 with Win32 client 0.09h)

Stefan is correct about the Perl regular expressions, but it may not be
enough for you, since there is another "bug" in that version of the
client. Exclude paths are compared in a case-sensitive way which does not
make sense on Windows. Please try my latest client build (716) as well as
Stefan's change, to see if that helps?

[http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Windows_client_releases]