[Box Backup] How to use NotifyScript, SyncAllowScript on Windows

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 22:20:00 BST 2006

Hi all,

Could anyone please help me use NotifyScript, SyncAllowScript on
Windows?

For NotifyScript, we need a Windows command line mailer, I think.   I
found these:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192341  (mailto:)
http://www.ss64.com/nt/mapisend.html  (mapisend)

The first (mailto:) will open the message, filled out with the info,
but won't send it silently.

The second (mapisend) requires the Back Office/Exchange Resource kit
which  I'm not able to install at the moment.

Any other suggestions?

Re SyncAllowScript, that should be easier, I suspect.  But I'm lazy,
and only got this far for a simple untested batch file:

::SyncAllowScript.bat
::pjalajas at tebuco.com 2006-08-15
::License: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
::For use with Box Backup on Windows,
::   http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Main_Page
::   See bbackupd.conf file for usage.
::
::This batch file is a draft work in progress.
::It probably doesn't work.
::Suggestions welcome.
::
::To only backup while on your primary network
::   (e.g. not while traveling or at home),
::   set MINE to a server on your primary network
::   with a private IP address, like 192.168.1.1,
::   or one not ping-able from the internet.
::
@echo off
set MINE="bb1.myboxbackupserver.com"
::Known good server, bad server, for testing
set GOODONE="www.yahoo.com"
set BADONE="junk"
::
::How long to wait before retry, in seconds
set RETRYSECS=14400
::
::Turn on the following lines for testing (remove ::)
::ping -n 1 %GOODONE%| find "Received = 1" > junk
::if %ERRORLEVEL% == 1 echo %RETRYSECS%
::ping -n 1 %GOODONE% | find "Received = 1" > junk
::if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 echo now
::ping -n 1 %BADONE% | find "Received = 1" > junk
::if %ERRORLEVEL% == 1 echo %RETRYSECS%
::ping -n 1 %BADONE% | find "Received = 1" > junk
::if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 echo now
::
::
ping -n 1 %MINE% | find "Received = 1" > junk
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 1 echo %RETRYSECS%
ping -n 1 %MINE% | find "Received = 1" > junk
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 echo now

So, does anyone out there have anything better (please say yes)?  This
would be for using Box Backup 0.10 for Windows on laptops.

Thanks,
Pete