[Box Backup] bbackupctl always fails when run from crontab. Manual always OK?

Tobias Balle-Petersen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 14:28:54 BST 2006

Hello....

I have just discovered af very wierd pattern in my problems with boxbackup.

When I start bbackupctl manually on the client with the command
"/usr/local/bin/bbackupctl -c /etc/box_minimoni/bbackupd.conf sync" the
backup always completes successfully.

When run from my crontab as seen below, it always fails with the message:
exception Connection Protocol_Timeout (Probably a network issue between
client and server.) (7/41)

 From my crontab:
0 10 * * * /usr/local/bin/bbackupctl -c /etc/box_minimoni/bbackupd.conf sync

Client OS X 10.4
Server Debian

Any thoughts ?

Tobias