[Box Backup] bbackupctl always fails when run from crontab. Manual always OK?

Per Thomsen boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 18:32:44 BST 2006

On 8/22/06 8:38 AM, tbp wrote:
> I have been running the cronjob at different times a day. I used to
> run the cronjob at night. I then had successfull manual runs during
> the day. I decided to move the cronjob to the same time as the
> sucessfull manual runs.
This is a bit odd...

Just trying to cover all the bases.. Couple of questions:

    * Does this happen when backing up a specific file? Or a specific
      time during the run (e.g.: always 20 minutes into the run)?
    * What happens when you run manually at the time that the cron job
      was failing?
    * Is the user the same on the cron job, as on the manual run?
    * Is the cron problem related to a particular file? (Debug build
      should tell you the file being backed up)

Thanks,
Per

--
Per Reedtz Thomsen | Reedtz Consulting, LLC | F: 209 883 4119
V: 209 883 4102    |   pthomsen at reedtz.com  | C: 209 996 9561