[Box Backup] Generating private key, certificate request on Windows, bbackupd-config

E.W. Peter Jalajas boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 20:14:31 BST 2006

Hi all,

I'd like to try to start generating keys on windows (win32) to give my
clients a little more independence.

http://boxbackup.hostworks.ca/index.php/Configuring_a_client
and
http://www.reedtz.com/boxdoc/adminguide/ch01.html#id2966650
say:

     Run the bbackupd-config script to generate the configuration files
          and generate a private key and certificate request.

          /usr/local/bin/bbackupd-config /etc/box lazy 999 hostname
               /var/bbackupd /home

Google reports openssl for windows here:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/openssl.htm
and here:
http://www.openssl.org/related/binaries.html
(I don't know anything about either of them.)
(Cygwin also comes with openssl.)

Am I delusional to think that I could try to port all or most of
bbackupd-config to Windows?  Or is there some new easier way todo this
these days?

Thanks,
Pete