[Box Backup] Samba and Boxbackup

Torsten Boob boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 22:29:08 GMT 2006

Hi,

i make my Backup using Linux as Client 1. Client 2 runs Linux and Samba. Exports from Client 2 are successfully mounted using Samba by Client 1 and backed up using boxbackup.

If i restore Data, i always become an

Exception: Common OSFileError (Error accessing a file. Check permissions.) (1/9).

I think that happens while boxbackup tries to set up the permissions for the file just restored.

Does anybody have an idea how to make that working ?

I dont want to install boxbackup on every Computer, especially not on the Windows machines. So i want to have one Boxbackup Client that mounts the Directories from the Workstations and back it up.

Thank you
  Torsten