[Box Backup] 8-bit character with binaries from ubuntu.myreseau.org

Magnus Homann boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 09:36:37 GMT 2006

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
>> I have trouble using 8-bit characters ('åäö') with the pr-compiled
>> binaries at ubuntu.myreseau.org. Haev anyone succeded?
>>
>> I hvae compiled teh source myself with readline, and I got it working
>> after creating a ~/.inputrc and adding 'set convert-meta off'. The
>> binaries does not use readline, however.
>>
>> The binary links to libedit.so.2, and I have no info on how to set it
>> to accept 8-bit characters. Anyone succeded?
>
> Sorry, I don't know who compiled those binaries, or from which version
> of Box. As far as I know, 8-bit and Unicode characters work inside the
> Box libraries themselves. I can't speak for readline and editline.

As you say, it's bbackupquery that gives me problems. Discovered when I
wanted to restore a file in a directory with an 'ö' in its name. Solved
as you hint by using the command line of bbackupquery. *phew* :-)

The error is obvious; hitting a 'ö' for instance the terminal gives a
bell and does not print it.

I got it working with readline, so I'm convinced there is nothing wrong
with boxbackup, but with the libedit that is included in the above
mentioned binaries. Any users of the binaries that got it working?

My locale is 'sv_SE.UTF-8'

Magnus
--
Magnus Homann