[Box Backup] Danish and other special chars

Chris Wilson boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Sun Feb 12 14:23:49 GMT 2006

Hi Gary,

Sorry, I've not been able to reproduce these issues:

- A FILE with non-English characters INSIDE A FOLDER with non-English
   characters does not get backed up, no mention of it in the upload log.

- A INTL folder gets backed up, but no files inside it get backed up (be
   it NATIVE or INTL files, all contents skipped).

- A NATIVE folder gets backed up, but if it contains INTL files, none of
   its contents will be backed up (be it NATIVE or INTL files, all contents
   skipped).

I tested all three, with INTL being files containing the Danish characters
æ ø å, and was not able to reproduce any of them.

I'm going to need more information from you:

- Did you definitely wait long enough for MaxUploadWait to expire?
   (remembering that newly created directories are backed up immediately,
   but the files inside them are not backed up until they reach
   MinimumFileAge or MaxUploadWait).

- Can you try with a minimal configuration, e.g. removing all excludes?

- Can you send me the files, replacing their contents with dummy data if
   necessary, so that I can get the filenames and directory structures that
   you used?

Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have to debug these three issues yourself.
Using VS2K5 to do that should be fine.