[Box Backup] ExcludeFile command being ignored with Win32 client.

John MacKenzie boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 14:59:34 BST 2006

Thanks for the suggestions Pete.

I actually set up a whole new box to test this theory and the command
is still being ignored. I am using the latest precompiled W32 (538)
build on the web site and the server has .10 (I believe the latest
version as well).

Here is my configuration

BackupLocations
{
       CDrive
         {
             Path = C:\
                 ExcludeFile = C:\Program Files\Box
Backup\85AB23A-FileEncKeys.raw
                 ExcludeFile = C:\pagefile.sys
                 ExcludeDir = C:\windows\Temp\
                 ExcludeDir = C:\Temp\
                 ExcludeDir = C:\windows\system32\LogFiles\
                 ExcludeDir =  C:\Documents and Settings\Default
User.WINNT\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
         }

}

Do you see any problems? The ExcludeDir commands seem to work fine
but both ExcludeFile commands do not (every time it stops and starts
the service it tries to backup the pagefile.sys which gives an error).

I also tried

         ExcludeFile = C:\\pagefile.sys

(but that did not work as well)

Thanks