[Box Backup] Can Win32 client backup files from another machine?

Ben Summers boxbackup at fluffy.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 09:04:22 BST 2006

On 20 Jul 2006, at 06:17, E.W. Peter Jalajas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a client who has a Windows Small Business Server network.  The
> backup client is boxbackup-chris_general_568-backup-client-mingw32.zip
> on a Windows 2003 Standard machine.  Box backup is working great when
> we stay on the local machine, but we are trying to create a
> BackupLocation for files that reside on another one of various Windows
> machines on the network, but we keep getting the 1/9 exception (and
> nothing gets backed up from any BackupLocation), whether we use a
> mapped drive letter path as a BackupLocation or a UNC path.

Box Backup is designed to back up local discs only. You should run
bbackupd on every Windows machine which needs backing up.

One thing which is more of a problem on network mounts than local
discs is that if the network mount fails for some reasons when a
backup starts, bbackupd will mark everything on the store as deleted.